Sunday, February 7, 2016

Teal Blossom Tissue-junk journal

 Teal blossom tissue book. A junk journal made of tissue boxes, drawing paper, green graph paper, and O wires bound with the Bind-it-all.
The pattern of the tissue box I used to make the cover happens to be my moms favorite, mostly because the colors, happening to be my favorites too.
I figured it was time I try using some of these materials and make my mom a notebook, something she's been wanting to keep in her desk for when it's needed. I kept it simple, knowing my mom prefers simple and useful over pocket filled and scattered.
Thankfully I have a box of white O wires in 3/4'' size, a nice touch for the book (not to mention easier than sewing it).
The inside cover took some choosing. I only had one tissue box with that particular pattern, one I happened to like myself, but decided I'd use it on this book since it matched so well, and could be forever till I found a better use for it. 

Only thing I had to do was cover up the puffs label with some craft tape, and distressed the edges of my cover with brown ink.
I wasn't sure about adding graph paper at first, but decided it was a good idea, knowing my mom sometimes needs the graph paper for things like math scribbles and quilt block measurements.
 Adding a separator seemed like a good idea, made a place for holding business cards and extra notes.
 
 Plus the divider indicates where the next pile of graph paper is.
 
All in all, I enjoyed myself and relaxed from the project, ready to tackle a few more things till I have less stuff in my stash. XD I still need to purge. 

And now for the video flip through, enjoy. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. hey pearllight , its really beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I've been attracted to tissue boxes for a long time and started cutting them into 3x4 and 4x6 "project life size" cards. However, I'm not doing project life and would love to try something like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad to inspire. And honestly, I think turning tissue boxes into project life cards is a great idea. They can be turned into tags for slipping into tuck spots of a junk journal. :)

      Delete