Thursday, July 27, 2017

Marketside Baseball Book

Marketside Baseball Book- Measures: 7 1/4 x 12''. Started: Nov. 15, 2017. Completed: Jul. 27, 2017.

This journal was an interesting one to make. I spent several days working on it and only just finished it a day ago before photographing the results.

I had to make adjustments along the way, and cover up a few mistakes. The internal cover which I sewed my three signatures to was cut a bit short, so I had to disguise the edges with some washi tape. The mustache washi seemed fitting enough for a baseball book.

The full cover is made from a Marketside pizza box which had come with some baseball cards inside. To fill in the space which was once a window to show the product, I created my own baseball paper texture using a circle stencil, felt pens, and red gel pen.

Both signatures are plain white sketch paper cut to size from a very large paper pad. The thickness of the paper is a nice quality, and blank books are of course friendly for decorating however one pleases.

I started the project back on Nov. 15, 2016, mentioned about the beginning of it here. I didn't actually get to working on it till nearly a year later.
It all started from a pizza box.

No comments:

Post a Comment