Thursday, July 13, 2017

Whole Foods Mini Bag Books

Had some fun with making a mini book for your purse to write down grocery lists, keep coupons and receipts in the front and back pockets of the cover, keep labels of foods you like the most and where you found them, or the book can be used like any journal for whatever.

I made this book from a mini Whole Foods paper bag (the kind they put glass bottles in). When folded it became the cover of my book, and then I cut down a larger bag from Whole Foods for the pages.
I sewed in my single signature with green twine, and then made a cardboard button closure by stamping on some white scrap packaging, fussy cutting it, and then poking a hole. I sewed it on and made a shank with my thread, leaving excess twine to wrap around the book and button.
Extra mini booklets and items came out of the project, three mini books (left), and a type of prototype paper wallet (right).
One of the mini booklets has a harder cover because it was paper from the bottom of the bag. Scraps from cutting down the large bag were left, so I put together the ones that were the same width and then sewed them together with the same green twine.

These minis could be used for the same purpose of keeping notes and grocery lists while on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment