Monday, July 20, 2015

BIG Trader Joes Food Journal- DIY+inserts

 
  (Posted over from Pearllight studio BIG Trader Joes Food Journal- DIY
 
Getting back to you from last post TJ's Paper Bag Food Journal- Video display where I showed my newest Trader Joes food book near the end. And now, *drum roll please* the above video is to show you how I made the pages for this book! ^.^
 
  I did leave out how I did the cover, which is pretty basic... pretty sure anyone can figure out how to measure a cover for 12x14 pages, glue paper on them, and drill holes. 
 I find this structure to be much more stable than previous builds, and hope to get working on my page layouts for all those yummy food labels I've been saving. Once I do, I hope to make a future video and show you the full book with completed pages and foody prompts.

The great thing about books with binding rings is that you can change out your pages and rearrange; which is great for a food book that will probably be better with sections for dessert, favorite drinks, and snack foods or dinner.

Basic supplies: The basic supplies you'll need for the entire project will be paper grocery bags, a large sheet of cardboard, brown paper, binding rings (beads and ribbon optional), tacky glue and/or Modge Podge, a brayer, pencil, hole punch, ruler, and razor blade.
Have fun trying this out! ^.~
 
 TJ Food Catalog Food Box Inserts-DIY Vid 
  
(Posted over from Pearllight Studio) 
 
Getting back to the TJ's Food Catalog. I've been working like crazy on the book and it's very fat already. The video above is to show what I do to display food product boxes. I came up with a simple thread loop insert to preserve the packaging and avoid punching holes into the ingredients sections of the boxes. There are many way to display your boxes in a book, this is just one of them. You can also choose to dissect the box and glue the parts you deem important onto the page. Or you can add a strip of paper to the edge, and punch holes through that so you don't risk punching out writing from the box itself. Either way, if you choose to make a food catalog or journal made of food stuff, this is one way to add some interesting writing spots. 
Future flip through of my food catalog awaits, no telling when I'll get to it, but stay tuned. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment