Monday, July 20, 2015

Floral Feline File Folder- 2014 Journal Cover

Yay! This makes me happy. I've had my heart set on using an old file folder, kept in my pile of paper, as part of a book cover for my 2014 journal. The folder had been boogered on the edges, so I cut those parts away, then I layered some thin cardboard together, lined the edges with polka dotted washy tape, added some green to the spine edges, and last on the project added some large eyelets to cover up the rough holes caused by drilling (a necessary step to get through cardboard). I must say I really like the look of the eyelets, made it so much better to look at. Front cover (left) Back cover (right)

I faced a few hick ups with the inner cover. Originally I used flat pink scrapbook paper, but then found the covers stuck together during drying, and ripped (my fault for not knowing they weren't fully dry and moving them too soon...oops). I was naturally disappointed, but snagged a chance to go to A.C. Moore, and found a paper which made me happy. Though it was more on the purple pink side, I didn't mind, and tried a second time to add the paper over my mistake. It was a success, and it makes me much happier to look at than flat pink (yay for mistakes leading to better things). ^.^

In the near future I may do a flip through of my journal, and possibly give some tips on how simple journal keeping can really be. ^.~

No comments:

Post a Comment